There are a lot of people looking forward for this year 2013. Some are ready for a change. Some are preparing for a new beginning. Some are open for all the possibilities and opportunities in life. And some are just continuing their achievements. These looking-forward-things are not guaranteed to last. Many will succeed and also, many will fail. But in all these, it will always depend on our choice to either make it happen or let it be.
Life gets complicated as we grow up. Then, life gets meaningful as we mature. Then, life gets thrilled as we survive. And finally, it becomes still as we got tired. These are our life phases. It may become a cycle if we can’t learn it. But we’re always moving on. We can never look back for the time has passed. Even if it’s impossible, we always wish that we could just turn back time to correct our mistake. But we can’t, for we know that time will never go counter-clockwise. So even if we deal to our past, we can never take back the time we had just spent from it.
Move on! Don’t be still. Time is running out and there are more things to be done than dealing with those uncertain chances to correct our mistake.
“…Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead.” — Philippians3:13
How will you know if you are still hanging on with your past?
1. If you are not satisfied with your current life, then you are still stuck with those negativity from the past.
2. If you are worried about your future, then there’s something that still holds you back.
3. If you are afraid of encountering again things that you have done wrong, then you have not overcome your past yet.
4. If you are in a situation that reminds you of your past mistake and it makes you uncomfortable, then you are so not over it. And,
5. If you hear something related about your wicked act and keep on blaming yourself at the back of your mind, then you are just pretending to be moving on.
How will you know if you are moving on?
1. If you are contented with your present life, then you are starting to embrace the fact that there’s more to live with.
2. If you are secured to your future, then there’s nothing that can hinder you to go on and enjoy the life you have.
3. If you are fearless of facing possible problems, then you are giving yourself a chance to make things right the way they should be.
4. If you are in a situation that reminds you of your past mistake and it makes you laugh, then you are over it.
5. If you hear something related about your wicked act and gives some words of wisdom regarding this thing, then you are working it out to share your experience that must not be repeated.
Everything that keeps us alive is something that we should be thanking of, for we are given the chance to make things work the way it should be. Trials are there to help us learn the right thing. It is there to test us. So, whether you passed or failed, choose to move on and make life fruitful. God has unlimited blessings in many forms. Take it and live with it.